London 08 - 09 September 2013
Lot 243 007 Lotus Esprit 'Submarine Car' To be auctioned on Monday, September 9, 2013 Without Reserve £650,000 - £950,000
- Used in the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me
- The one and only fully functional Submarine Car
- One of the most famous movie cars of all time
- Amazing story of lost and found
- Never before offered for sale
The 007 Lotus Esprit Submarine Car from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) commonly tops the polls when multiple generations of movie fans are asked to pick their favourite film cars of all time. Like all the best Bond cars, the Lotus was a veritable war chest of weaponry and gadgetry that was designed to fox and foil the enemy whilst also helping Bond to another hard-won victory for Queen and country.